Injury and Violence
The Bad News
Violence and injuries affect everyone regardless of age, race, or economic status
In the United States violence and injuries:
The Good News
- Kill more people ages 1-44 than any other cause. See the CDC's 10 Leading Causes of Death.
- 278,345 deaths from injury, annually (4th leading cause of death)
Prevention works! According to the CDC:
- Between 1975 and 2017, seat belts saved an estimated 374,276 lives.
- High school-based violence prevention programs have been shown to cut violent behavior by almost 30%.
- Ta chi and other exercise programs for older adults have been shown to reduce falls by as much as half.
Injury and violence prevention
Traumatic Brain Injury
Concussions in Children