Role in County Government
The Ontario County Attorney's Office provides all civil legal services for the Board of Supervisors, the county's approximately 1,000 officers and employees, and over 35 departments, including the Sheriff's Office, Finger Lakes Community College, the Department of Social Services, Health Facility, Soil and Water Conservation District, County Sewer Districts, Public Health, Emergency Management, etc.
Our representation includes:
- Counsel to the Board of Supervisors
- Department of Social Services Representation
- Adult Protective Proceedings
- Child Protective Proceedings
- Child Support Proceedings
- Medicaid/Resource Recovery/Estate Proceedings
- Human Resources
- Civil Service
- Disciplinary Proceedings & Arbitration
- Federal & State Discrimination Claims
- Labor Negotiations with Eight Units
- Juvenile Delinquency Prosecutions
- Participation on a host of boards, commissions, and committees
- Probation - PINS Proceedings
- Representation of County Departments & Employees
- Capital Project Assistance
- Contract Review
- Negligence & Tort Defense
- Ongoing Advice as Needed
- Self-Insurance Administration
- Real Property Actions
- Environmental Claims
- Property Disposal & Acquisitions
- Tax Enforcement
The information on this site is compiled and made available by the County Attorney's Office for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or the practice of law. Use of this site does not create or constitute, in any way, an attorney / client relationship between the viewer of the site and the County Attorney's Office or any of its staff.
While every effort is made to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, the County Attorney's Office makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained or referenced herein. The County Attorney's Office assumes no legal liability for any damages of any type, whatsoever, occasioned by the actions or omission of actions, taken in reliance upon any information contained in this site.
Links are provided for information purposes only and are not endorsed or supported by the County Attorney's Office. Use of the information on this site or any linked by the site visitor or any other person is the responsibility of the user.