*Please make sure the sentencing court has assigned you a panel OR you have made direct contact with the STOP-DWI office before attending a panel.
The Victim Impact Panel Program in Ontario County is an educational awareness program for offenders convicted of driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or other high risk driving behaviors. The panels include a 45 minute educational presentation and end with a non-confrontational account from a crime victim telling their own personal story of how an impaired driver forever changed their life.
Victim Impact Panels are held throughout the year at the Ontario County Safety Training Facility located at 2914 County Road 48, Canandaigua, NY 14424. Please see details below:
- Panel sign-in begins at 6:15pm and ends at 6:55pm. Please do not arrive before 6pm.
- The panel begins at 7pm and lasts approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half.
- Cost for the panel is $40. This can be paid in cash, card, or money order.
- If you are late, you will not be allowed entry.
- Conditional licenses do not cover this event.
- You will be breathalyzed prior to your entry into the panel room.
- Cell phones are allowed but are to be turned off and put away.
In most cases, the sentencing court has sent over the registration form to the STOP DWI office after sentencing so there is generally no further action needed on the registrants part. In the days following the panel, sentencing courts and the probation department (for those it applies to) will be notified of the attendance status of all registrants. For further questions, please contact Molly McNear at the Ontario County STOP-DWI office at 585-396-4114.
PAY YOUR $40.00 FEE HERE!