Positive for COVID-19?
You will NOT receive a call from a case investigator or contact tracer.
- Residents may continue to report positive home tests, but the health department will NOT be interviewing these individuals.
- For positive COVID-19 cases, isolations will continue to be 5-days with an additional 5-days of masking. More information for COVID-19 cases:
- NYSDOH Isolation and Quarantine Instructions
- If you are too ill to return to school or work after 5-days call your healthcare provider for advice and paperwork. You will not be contacted by public health to determine if your isolation should be extended. You will not receive release orders from the health department.
Contact of a COVID-19 Positive Person?
Key times to get tested:
- If you have symptoms, test immediately.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 and do not have symptoms, wait at least 5 full days after your exposure before testing. If you test too early, you may be more likely to get an inaccurate result.
- Consider testing before contact with someone at high risk for severe COVID-19, especially if you are in an area with a medium or high COVID-19 Community Leve
Other helpful sites: